Mon, Jan 04|
Trident Technical College - Main Campus
Live Integrative Stretching Weekend Workshop - Upper/Lower Body (13 CEs) (1)
Join us for more about assisted stretching techniques by diving deeper into techniques addressing limitations in the upper and lower girdles. NCBTMB Approved (13 CEs)
Time & Location
Jan 04, 2021, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Trident Technical College - Main Campus , 7000 Rivers Avenue, North Charleston, 29406 (Bldg. 910)
About the Event
This course is a section to a program of assisted stretching titled Integrative Stretching (IS). The goal of IS it to provide massage therapists, fitness professionals, movement therapists, and bodyworkers with an extra set of techniques and skills geared towards improving functional movements of their clients through assisted stretching and soft-tissue manipulation techniques.
The section with the subtitle “The Upper and Lower Bodies” goes more in detail about how to apply the principles and methods of IS into addressing areas and limitations related to the lower girdle which for our purposes will refer to most structures from the fingers to the toes.
Participants may expect to gain further familiarity with the skeletal, neural, muscular, and fascial anatomy and kinesiology of the human upper and lower girdle. This information will be used to guide participants through learning new assisted stretching techniques designed to promote functional range of motion in their visitors.
GOAL: To provide massage therapists, fitness professionals, movement therapists, and bodyworkers with an extra set of techniques and skills geared towards improving functional movements of their clients through assisted stretching.
OBJECTIVES: After completing this workshop participants will be able to:
- Explain different ways in which the neuromuscular system responds to pressure and stretch.
- Explain how flexibility and range of motion affects functional movements.
- Be better able to make safe and effective contact with clients through hands-on manipulation.
- Be able to differentiate between hard and soft-end feels of joints.
- Be able to set different baselines and systems of measurement in order to track progress for functionality.
- Understand the theories explaining how proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation and active isolated stretching techniques work.
- Learn how to combine notions of PNF patterns and myofascial meridians in stretching to better integrate changes to functional movements.
- Be able to utilize stretching techniques that address various parts of body in terms of improving specific functions.
- Be able to strategize and perform sessions based on an individual’s needs for work ranging from 5-30 minutes
CE CREDIT: Equivalent to 13 Contact Hours (6.5 Hours per Day)
Course Requirements: Entry level course for health professionals including, but not limited to, massage therapists, personal trainers, physical therapists, and fitness instructors, no requirements to attend. Previous assisted stretching experience preferred but not required.
Noel L. Poff is a Certified Advanced Rolfer, Certified Rolf Movement Pracitioner, Certified Yoga Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Certified Personal Trainer, and Registered Yoga Teacher. He has been observing and helping people improve their health and wellness since 2004. He started his career as a certified personal trainer specializing in athletic conditioning, specifically in martial arts training and conditioning. In 2007 he completed his massage therapy certification before graduating from the University of South Carolina in 2009. After earning his Bachelors of Arts in Philosophy he worked a full time schedule in both personal training and massage therapy until 2013 where he became a certified yoga instructor and began teaching classes based on hatha yoga in addition to his work as a CPT and LMT. In 2015 Noel relocated in order to become a Certified Rolfer™. He moved on to earning his advanced certification in 2018 and becomming a certified yoga therapist in 2020. He continues practicing bodywork and his health education in Charleston, SC. Find out more about Noel and his services at www.shiftrolfing.com.
- Ticket type